By Douglas J. Martin BS, Edward G. Randles PhD, Marina Ramirez-Alvarado PhD (auth.), Morie A. Gertz, S. Vincent Rajkumar (eds.)
An up to date reference in this interesting set of advanced issues, this ebook positive aspects the main accomplished innovations for diagnosing, classifying, imaging, treating, and coping with amyloidosis in a number of organ structures. precious to the spectrum of practitioners from citizens to sub-specialists, this e-book is a succinct authoritative textual content written by means of leaders within the box. The authors offer guideline on all types of amyloidosis - together with basic amyloidosis (AL), secondary amyloidosis (AA), and familial amyloidosis. With crucial remedy algorithms, Amyloidosis: analysis and remedy is the gold-standard for all hematologists, oncologists, and internists taking good care of sufferers with this disease.
Read Online or Download Amyloidosis: Diagnosis and Treatment PDF
Best diagnosis books
The swift improvement of diagnostic and healing systems within the administration of spinal angiomas has spread out new chances and supplied higher percentages for the sufferers involved. the best impetus to this professional gress was once given via the creation of selective and superselective spinal angiography, microsurgical strategy, and embolization.
Each scientific scholar has to be in a position to take a correct heritage and practice a actual exam. This 3rd version of background and scientific exam at a look offers a concise, hugely illustrated better half that can assist you boost those important abilities as you perform at the wards. Building on an summary of the patient/doctor courting and easy enquiry, the textual content helps studying both by way of method or presentation of universal stipulations, with step by step and evidence-based info to aid scientific exam and assist you formulate a legitimate differential analysis.
- Health & physical assessment in nursing
- Voiding Dysfunction: Diagnosis and Treatment
- Practical diagnosis in traditional Chinese medicine
- Noninvasive Cerebrovascular Diagnosis
- The Wills Eye Manual: Office and Emergency Room Diagnosis and Treatment of Eye Disease - 5th Edition
- Fault Diagnosis and Fault Tolerance: A Systematic Approach to Special Topics
Additional resources for Amyloidosis: Diagnosis and Treatment
1999;26:416–24. 49. Hongo M, Urushibata K, Kai R, et al. Iodine-123 metaiodobenzylguanidine scintigraphic analysis of myocardial sympathetic innervation in patients with AL (primary) amyloidosis. Am Heart J. 2002;144:122–9. 50. Ohta H, Endo K, Kanoh T, Konishi J, Kotoura H. Technetium-99m (V) DMSA uptake in amyloidosis. J Nucl Med. 1989;30:2049–52. 51. Yukihiro M, Tateno M, Hirano T, et al. Pentavalent technetium-99m dimercaptosuccinic acid uptake in primary amyloidosis: comparison with autopsy findings.
74. Eriksson P, Backman C, Eriksson A, Eriksson S, Karp K, Olofsson BO. Differentiation of cardiac amyloidosis and hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. A comparison of familial amyloidosis with polyneuropathy and hypertrophic cardiomyopathy by electrocardiography and echocardiography. Acta Med Scand. 1987;221:39–46. 75. Sun JP, Stewart WJ, Yang XS, et al. Differentiation of hypertrophic cardiomyopathy and cardiac amyloidosis from other causes of ventricular wall thickening by two-dimensional strain imaging echocardiography.
This has the potential of answering questions on the pathogenesis of amyloidosis. One of the most important and still open issues in the field of amyloidosis is the mechanism of organ damage. Observations with SAP scintigraphy demonstrated that amyloid load is not always proportional to organ dysfunction . Subsequent clinical observations suggested that the concentration of the amyloid precursor has a direct impact on biochemical indices of cardiac dysfunction and prognosis, independently from amyloid load .
Amyloidosis: Diagnosis and Treatment by Douglas J. Martin BS, Edward G. Randles PhD, Marina Ramirez-Alvarado PhD (auth.), Morie A. Gertz, S. Vincent Rajkumar (eds.)