By James T. Murphy, P?draig Carmody
Africa’s info Revolution was lately introduced as the 2016 prizewinner of the Royal Academy for in another country Sciences - congratulations to the authors James T. Murphy and Padraig Carmody!
Africa’s info Revolution offers an in-depth exam of the advance and monetary geographies accompanying the fast diffusion of latest ICTs in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Represents the 1st book-length comparative case examine ICT diffusion in Africa of its kind
- Confronts present details and conversation applied sciences for improvement (ICT4D) discourse through delivering a counter to mostly positive mainstream views on Africa’s customers for m- and e-development
- Features comparative examine in line with greater than 2 hundred interviews with enterprises from a producing and repair in Tanzania and South Africa
- Raises key insights in regards to the structural demanding situations dealing with Africa even within the context of the continent’s contemporary fiscal progress spurt
- Combines views from monetary and improvement geography and technological know-how and expertise reviews to illustrate the facility of built-in conceptual-theoretical frameworks
- Include maps, photographs, diagrams and tables to focus on the options, box study settings, and key findings