By Joint Chief Of Staff
The Joint ebook 1-02, division of protection Dictionary of army and linked phrases units forth usual US army and linked terminology to surround the joint job of the military of the USA. those army and linked phrases, including their definitions, represent authorized division of protection (DOD) terminology for common use via all DOD elements.
Read or Download Department of Defense Dictionary of Military and Associated Terms PDF
Similar dictionaries books
A few 2,000 entries gathered right here clarify the main suitable and often used phrases linked to inorganic chemistry, encompassing the scope of recent examine in simple chemistry, actual chemistry, periods of compounds, and laboratory suggestions. The dictionary might be quite important to highschool scholars taking complex classes in chemistry, in addition to to varsity scholars and researchers.
An in depth wisdom of the terminology and its history is critical for a primary figuring out of the pro literature within the box of fabrics technology. This sharply centred, authoritative lexicon provides the reader a coherent inspiration of microstructure formation and evolution. all of the time period definitions are provided with reasons and cross-references, supplying a constant photo of microstructure in steel and non-metallic polycrystalline fabrics.
This version is written in English. notwithstanding, there's a working German word list on the backside of every web page for the tougher English phrases highlighted within the textual content. there are lots of variations of having a look Backward, 2000 to 1887. This variation will be usef
This version is written in English. notwithstanding, there's a working French word list on the backside of every web page for the more challenging English phrases highlighted within the textual content. there are various versions of Pericles. This version will be helpful if you want t
- As You Like It (Webster's German Thesaurus Edition)
- Hyperpolitics: An Interactive Dictionary of Political Science Concepts
- The Browser's dictionary of foreign words and phrases
- Dictionary of Artifacts
- Holidays, Festivals and Celebrations of the World Dictionary: Detailing More Than 3,000 Observances from All 50 States and More Than 100 Nations, A ... Guide to Popular, Ethnic, Religious, Natio
- Biographical Dictionary of Social and Cultural Anthropology
Additional resources for Department of Defense Dictionary of Military and Associated Terms
7) apron — A defined area on an airfield intended to accommodate aircraft for purposes of loading or unloading passengers or cargo, refueling, parking, or maintenance. archipelagic sea lanes passage — The nonsuspendable right of continuous and expeditious transit through archipelagic waters in the normal mode through and over routes normally used for navigation and overflight. architecture — A framework or structure that portrays relationships among all the elements of the subject force, system, or activity.
See also amphibious assault; petroleum, oils, and lubricants. 6) amphibious assault landing — See amphibious operation, Part e. amphibious assault ship (general purpose) — A naval ship designed to embark, deploy, and land elements of a landing force in an assault by helicopters, landing craft, amphibious vehicles, and by combinations of these methods. ” amphibious aviation assault ship — An amphibious assault ship, landing platform helicopter; general purpose amphibious assault ship; or general purpose amphibious assault ship (with internal dock).
Also called AOL. See also line of demarcation; peace operations. 3) area of militarily significant fallout — (*) Area in which radioactive fallout affects the ability of military units to carry out their normal mission. area of northern operations — A region of variable width in the Northern Hemisphere that lies north of the 50 degrees isotherm — a line along which the average temperature of the warmest 4-month period of the year does not exceed 50 degrees Fahrenheit. Mountain regions located outside of this area are included in this category of operations provided these same temperature conditions exist.
Department of Defense Dictionary of Military and Associated Terms by Joint Chief Of Staff