By American Camp Association
Designing caliber formative years courses comprises details discovered from camp administrators who desired to make their courses a greater position for his or her teens. equipped on 8 steps, together with inquiring for enter from the adolescence and your employees, assessing and brainstorming ideas, making a choice on an motion plan and enforcing it, after which sharing and comparing what has been finished. this method is designed to be individualized: to attract upon and suit your venture and philosophy, to mirror enter out of your teenagers and employees, and to enforce recommendations that make feel to your software. The appendices integrated on the finish of this e-book include a large number of kinds and lists to aid in designing caliber adolescence programs.
Also integrated is a CD-Rom with program-ready adaptable worksheets.
Read or Download Designing Quality Youth Programs: Strategic Changes Across Structures, Policies, and Activities PDF
Similar travel & tourism books
Nutrition and Beverage administration 4e offers an entire creation to this important quarter of hospitality management.
Now in its fourth variation, this best-selling textual content has been thoroughly revised and restructured to mirror present perform and educating and comprises up to date details on all parts, in particular know-how, operations and staffing concerns. each one bankruptcy has a consumer pleasant constitution together with goals, routines and additional learn hints.
Food and Beverage administration 4e is the introductory bible for individuals getting into nutrition and beverage administration stories or practice.
* what's caliber and the way to regulate it
* Getting begun within the eating place business
* Menu planning
* foodstuff and beverage operations and control
* Staffing matters together with recruitment and turnover
* advertising together with public family and merchandising
* traits and improvement together with franchising and environmental issues
* Real-life circumstances from leaders, together with sensible examples and illustrations to obviously clarify the serious issues raised
* absolutely revised and up-to-date with new fabric on the subject of nutrition and beverage administration operations and technology
* help from on-line lecturer fabric with PowerPoint slides, recommendations to routines, additional case reports and internet hyperlinks
An advent to the concept that of marine ecotourism, assessing its price as a sustainable improvement alternative. the 1st part examines the foremost matters all for making plans and coping with marine ecotourism. the second one part examines a number reports, in response to case examples from all over the world, of ways these concerns are being addressed in perform.
Nautical tourism encompasses features of marine tourism akin to crusing, yachting, cruising and diving, in addition to harbor-side advancements, coastal water activities corresponding to jet snowboarding, boat indicates, port excursions, and marine background locations. Nautical tourism as an has been constructing quickly in scope and monetary prestige and keeps to take action.
- Tourism Marketing for Cities and Towns. Using Branding and Events to Attract Tourists
- Tourism Management, Second Edition: Managing for Change
- Patisserie, Second Edition
- Plunkett's Airline, Hotel & Travel Industry Almanac: The Only Comprehensive Guide to Travel and Hospitality Companies and Trends
- Tourism Geography: A New Synthesis (Routledge Contemporary Human Geography Series)
- Principles of Food, Beverage, and Labor Cost Controls
Additional info for Designing Quality Youth Programs: Strategic Changes Across Structures, Policies, and Activities
The team will be comparing the youth and staff feedback with the conditions represented by these outcomes. Orient the organizational assessment team to the organizational structure, policies, and activities (refer to Appendix L: Assessing Organizational Practices Across Structures, Policies, and Activities). Have the team systematically work through the youth and staff feedback summaries, categorizing the youth and staff feedback as related to structure, policies, or activities. The team may also want to have an “other” category for feedback that doesn’t fit well into the three primary categories.
Adults are involved only in a supportive role. This situation can be embodied in youth-adult partnerships. An example is a youth-led newspaper or organizational website that is developed and distributed by youth. Youth-Adult Partnerships—Projects or programs are initiated by young people and decision making is shared by young people and adults. These projects empower young people, while at the same time enabling them to access and learn from the life experience and expertise of adults. This situation can be embodied by youth-led activism.
Consider flexibility in traditional program structures that allows for increased youth input and choice. Lack of Youth Buy-In—Just as staff can be resistant to change, youth who are accustomed to particular traditions can present a challenge to implementing new practices. Consider all forms and methods of communication with participants to keep up the excitement about new things they’ll experience. Unexpected Events—Events can occur that interfere with plans and intentions. , lice, leeches, forest fires).
Designing Quality Youth Programs: Strategic Changes Across Structures, Policies, and Activities by American Camp Association